Trailer of the Month

Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Heat

An uptight FBI Special Agent is paired with a foul-mouthed Boston cop to take down a ruthless drug lord. - IMDB

This movie stars Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy with Marlon Wayans. The first time I saw the trailer for this was last Valentine's Day when I went to watch A Good Day to Die Hard. Not sure why I chose to go see that movie on opening day and probably will never do that again. There were couples everywhere. But this isn't about that movie it's about The Heat 

The first time I saw the trailer, the whole theater was laughing so hard. I was doubled over and I could barely breathe it was hilarious. Then every time after that the reaction was the same. Then the movie came out and I waited to see it. I wound up seeing it with my 14 year old niece, my friend Jo Jo and one of her friends. The movie didn't disappoint. It had me laughing from the opening credits.  So here's the run down--Special Agent Ashburn (Sandra Bullock) is one of those agents all the other agents hate. She tries to give the SWAT team direction and they merely ignore her and barged into the bust. She wants to get far in her career so her personal life takes a hit--a major hit.  Then there's Detective Mullins (Melissa McCarthy) who is rough, from the streets, dresses like a hippie-Rambo with a rocket launcher in her fridge. She is the kind of cop who swears up a blue streak, downs tequila like its water and has the temper to match.

This movie was hilarious with heart. There was a serious story line in there that I can't talk about because I don't want to give it away. But this movie was great. Not perfect because there were a few things I could mention that made me wonder why it wasn't edited out. But think, two women carrying a movie isn't all that popular these days so to see this made me nervous going in but there was no need to. It was 6 bucks well spent and I am definitely going to see it again the minute I get a chance.

Marlon Wayans plays an FBI agent from the Boston office who was more of a cameo rather than a real part but it was so worth it to see him and it wasn't waste film--he was good. Along with him was Michael Rappaport (Paul Moretti in The Mob Doctor, Danny Hanson in Boston Public) who played Mullins' brother. Another Cameo that made my blink at the screen going NO WAY! was Joey McKintyre from New Kids on the Block.

This movie is perfect for a girl's night or a date night. Or if you're like me and just want to get away from real life for a an hour and a half and laugh your butt off.

Hugs,
Kato

No comments:

Post a Comment