Trailer of the Month

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Top 5 Classic Movies to See

After doing my Christmas list, I had to do my all time favorite classics!

5.The Maltese Falcon - In University I was forced to read the book and watch the movie. I was glad I did. The book was perfectly written and the movie was superb! A private detective takes on a case that involves him with three eccentric criminals, a gorgeous liar, and their quest for a priceless statuette. Stars Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor and Gladys George

4. Gone With the Wind - Okay, so I am not one for the mushie stuff. I mean sure I write romance but most of the movies out there that are called Romance are just blah - but this movie I first saw it when I was about  15 and ADORED it. American classic in which a manipulative woman and a roguish man carry on a turbulent love affair in the American south during the Civil War and Reconstruction. Stars Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh and Thomas Mitchell

3. The Gold rush - Charlie Chaplin aka The Tramp goes the Klondike in search of gold and finds it and more.  I sat at home watching this movie with my mother the other day. It's a silent move from about 1925 and I laughed so hard my sides hurt. This movie is hilarious. And oh, if someone says "I'm so hungry I could eat my shoe" this movie is where it came from lol.

2. Casablanca - Of course this movie would make this list. Set in unoccupied Africa during the early days of World War II: An American expatriate meets a former lover, with unforeseen complications. Stars Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman and Paul Henreid.

1. Citizen Kane - This movie is my all time favorite movie ever! Why? This masterpiece is in black and white, made in the 1940's and it was made it was surprisingly clever! Following the death of a publishing tycoon, news reporters scramble to discover the meaning of his final utterance - "Rosebud!" Citizen Kane stars Orson Welles, Joseph Cotten and Dorothy Comingore.

No comments:

Post a Comment