Trailer of the Month

Monday, December 17, 2012

Gossip Girl -Series Finale



Privileged teenagers attend an elite private school in New York City. Based on Alloy Entertainment's book series.

Before this year, I never wanted to watch this show. I mean come on, another tv show about kids with too much money on their hands and no idea what to do with it all. I have enough crap in my life and I didn't need to watch theirs every week.

But here in Canada it's hard because most of the time TV is the most boring thing around especially when their's a storm outside and the meteorologists are saying we should try staying inside. So I turned to MUCHMUSIC and there it was. A whole day of GOSSIP GIRL on with nothing else on the other tons of station we pay for that are completely useless.  So, I grabbed a chocolate bar and started in on it. I realized this show had Josh Scwartz, the guy who gave us THE OC so I was like....this has to be epic!!

When the day was over I was a season through the series and was intrigued. Then I started catching up at friend's place through their DVD and eventually I was completely caught up. 

So I am enjoying it. I especially loved me some Chuck Bass and the nerd of course I had to root for the nerd. But this show had the potential going out in style! I was pumped for the final episode. Everyone was so tight lipped about it that I was thinking "omg! This is going to be off the CHAIN!"

Then I sat there watching it. I noticed I began watching the clock thinking "It's 24 minutes in and  I'm not impressed." To me, it was like the writers realized it was their final rodeo and just gave up. Sure, it was pretty someone ended up dead, Gossip girl was revealed and the fashion was amazing but everything else was disappointing. The story just stopped and then they go 5 years in and everything was just like it was before - them getting everything they wanted. I was so let down by this ending. I expected more. More drama, more betrayal, more...more...MORE. I know they were trying to tie it all up in a nice little bow but they failed and they did so miserably.  With the whole build up to the series finale, I wanted more fireworks and more writing but I just didn't get it.

And then the true end came with the wealthy kids standing around and some outsider guy walking buy with the wealthy kids giving him dirty looks. 

With that ending I couldn't help thinking - "dear god! Haven't we suffered enough?"

No comments:

Post a Comment