Trailer of the Month

Sunday, November 4, 2012

SALT

 

A CIA agent goes on the run after a defector accuses her of being a Russian spy.

That's basically it in a nutshell. The first time I saw the trailer for this movie I thought...um...no...other than WANTED and GIA I wasn't/isn't a big Angelina Jolie fan. I'm not sure what it is about her as an actress. As a humanitarian and all around good person (from what we can see) I am a big fan. Anyways, this movie was a little, I don't know...slow for me. At times I'm watching it and biting my nails to see what's going to happen next. And just when I'm sitting on the edge of my seat. Then just when I'm leaning in to see the big reveal, WHAM! It slows down and drags for 5-10 minutes.

The action sequences in this movie are manic and come with in your face kick-butt-atude. But, yes my friends, there is a but, some of them made me sit back and scratch my head. Where these scenes are supposed to be amazing and just have you screaming in enjoyment, some of them made me wonder simply...why? One scene had her jumping from moving vehicle to moving vehicle just went on for way too long and lost all sense of importance to the movie.

The final reveal was amazing and even I don't see that coming. That was one of the finer points to this movie. But the ending left me empty. It didn't tie up the whole movie like an ending should and I know they are not planning a part 2 so what gives?

I do however have to mention Liev Schreiber is in this movie and he's his usual creepy self. While I adore Liev, I didn't completely enjoy his prescence but it was better than most of his other ones.

This movie isn't a complete wash. It is watchable and can be enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment