Trailer of the Month

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted

Title: Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Starring: Chris Rock, Jada Pinkette-Smith, Ben Stiller, David Schwimmer. Shacha Baron Cohen, Cedric The Entertainer, Tom McGrath, Frances McDormand, Martin Short, Bryan Cranston, Jessica Chastain, Chris Miller

Blurb: Alex, Marty, Gloria and Melman are still fighting to get home to their beloved Big Apple. Their journey takes them through Europe where they find the perfect cover: a traveling circus, which they reinvent - Madagascar style.

Review:
Wow...okay. Where do I begin? When I heard they were making another one of these movies I wanted to head a desk. I mean really? Did they REALLY need another Madagascar? But even at the ripe old age of 28, I am still a HUGE fan of Penquins of Madagascar on YTV so I figured, if it has the penquins in it, it HAS to be good.  So because I haven't spent much time with my niece because of school, work, trying to have a social life and trying to figure out my life and all that good stuff, I figured she loved Kunfu Panda so why not take her to see this?  So after school for both of us, we got all dressed and ran to the movie theatres.  We didn't get to see it in 3D because traffic was horrible so we missed the 3D one and didn't want to stick around the theatre/mall for three hours waiting for the other showing.  We saw the regular one but we had a blast.

This movie his hilarious!

You have to understand, you put Chris Rock, Ben Stiller, Sacha Baron Cohen and Cedric the Entertainer in one place and you laugh until your sides hurt. Then add David Schwimmer (who normally I dont find funny at all but in this he is so funny) and Jada Pinkette Smith and I laughed so hard I thought I was going to suffocate. Frances was amazing as the bad guy and every time she shows up on the screen you have to laugh.  Then King Julien, oh man that Ring tail slays me every time with his ecotistic self.

The penquins....ooh the penquins. What can I say about them? They are their same trouble making, hilarious, military driven selves.

You know I couldn't end this without talking about the Afro Polka Dot Circus song.  Chris Rock - Mary is the ONLY character/actor who could have pulled that off and make you laugh no matter how many times you heard. Then someone remixed it with "I Like to Move" so it's Marty and King Julien rocking out to the remix.

Bottom line, this movie is worth the price of admission. And the kids in the movie theatre were laughing so hard, I had to laugh. It's a good movie for the children and the adults. Most movies like this they managed to alienate the parents to cater to only the children not thinking kids that age must have an adult with them. But this movie has a little bit of everything and the parents were laughing. At one point, something happen (involves Julien) and all the parents burst out laughing. All the kids were looking around going "what? what'd we miss??" it was epic!

Hugs
Kato

No comments:

Post a Comment