Trailer of the Month

Monday, May 21, 2012

Clash of the Titans

Title: Clash of the Titans
Starring: Sam Worthinton, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes
Blurb: Perseus, mortal son of Zeus, battles the minions of the underworld to stop them from conquering the Earth and the heavens.


My Review:
Let me first say that I am NOT a Sam Worthington fan and the only reason I saw this movie was in three folds--One, its a mythology story, two Liam Neeson is in it and three it was on TV for free.


So I wouldn't go as far as to say they shouldn't have made this remake.  Let me start by saying when it comes to mythology, be it Indian, Greek, Roman, Chinese--whatever, I ADORE it all.  This movie wasn't the best, not by a long shot, but it's not the worse remake or movie either. I mean, WATERWORLD, there's the worse movie ever made lol.


Ok, so Perseus finds out he's the half sun of Zeus and the reason he came about was from rape and and all that jazz. The action was good, the soundtrack immaculate, the acting, left little to be desired. What I couldn't stand was the fact that they put a Djinn in it. I mean wtf? A genie? Was there any Genie in mythology?  I mean I get they were taking creative license but I mean shit--they explained it that its a group of warriors cursed to always be soldiers but that makes no sense. If you're going to call them something why Djinn? Anyways that was my only beef with it. all in all it was an okay movie for what it was worth. Sam in a dress was kinda sexy.


Hugs,
Kato

No comments:

Post a Comment