Trailer of the Month

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Movie: Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
Starring: Mos Def, Martin Freeman, Sam Rochwell, Zooey Deschanel,


Story: Mere seconds before the Earth is to be demolished by an alien construction crew, journeyman Arthur Dent is swept off the planet by his friend Ford Prefect, a researcher penning a new edition of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."

Review: Normally after schools force me to read certain books, I refuse to have anything to do with them afterward. I mean professors have habit of ruining good books.  But I didn’t find A Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy all that good of a book. I mean, literally had to force myself to read the book just so I wouldn’t fail my Lit class.  So when they said they were making a movie with it, well I was dead set on hating it.

But then I started watching it and I saw Mervin the robot and I just couldn’t.  Well, it started out with the singing dolphins…bow ahhsum was that! But this movie is a nonstop riot from beginning to end.  From an alien trying to shake hands with a car because he thought cars were the dominant species on the planet, to poetry reading ugly aliens and a man with the name Slartinbartfast! This movie had it all. It was precisely like the book but so much better because they cut out the bits where the story just dragged on for pages and pages!

This movie is good for the family with the kids and will keep you entertained till the very last.

Hugs,
Kato

No comments:

Post a Comment