Trailer of the Month

Monday, January 10, 2011

The Women

Title: The Women
Starring:  Meg Ryan, Annette Bening, Eva Mendes, Debra Messing, Jada Pinkette Smith, Candace Bergen, Cloris Leachman, Bette Midler, Carrie Fisher

Story:
A wealthy New Yorker leaves her cheating husband and bonds with other society women at a resort.

My Review:
I liked this movie. The premise was a good idea. The story at times was hilarious which I appreciate. They showed getting cheated on as a serious  problem and what happens when your perfect life just fall apart with one stupid decision. 

Okay, now comes the hazy part.  The movie is called THE WOMEN yet half way through the movie--well not really half way but just beyond the halfway mark, all the women disappeared except for Meg Ryan's character. It was like the others didn't exist and that they didn't have a problem except for her. It was strange the way the writer simply cut them for all that time then had them pop back in just before Debra Messings character was giving birth to what had to be her millionth child. The birthing scene was blow out out of proportion and completely unnecessary and the ending was not very practical.

Meg Ryan's character husband cheats on her with the slutty store clerk and she takes him back. What kind of message is that sending? You cheat on me you're gone and I do mean gone! I didn't like that and it kinda turned me off the whole movie.I didn't think any thinking woman, who's husband left her and her almost teenage daughter after about eleven years of marriage would put up with taking him back. I mean he obviously wants something else, why would he leave you to begin with, right? I don't know that didn't sit well with me.  But it's an okay movie for a nice, quiet, night at home before watching a real movie.

Hugs,
Kato

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to see if it's on netflix. It sounds so super swell. ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete